What is a Dress Shirt
A well fitted dress shirt should first and foremost be comfortable; this is different for every man. Larger men are usually complimented by a looser fit while petite and thin men are complimented by a more form cut. In general, though, a shirt should:
- Allow two fingers in the collar when buttoned.
- Be tight enough around the wrist so that the cuffs must be unbuttoned to slip them off.
- Have long enough sleeves so that you can raise your arms like wings and not pull the cuffs down the forearm; they should be short enough so that you don’t have more than 1 inch of fabric bunching near the cuff when your arms hang.
- Shoulder points that extend to the end of the shoulder and no farther.
- Have room in the chest and waist to pinch out 1-3 inches of fabric (depending on fit desired).